Whether the night sky is currently lit by a brightly romantic Full Moon or a darkly quiet New Moon, astrology holds that each phase of the lunar cycle, as well as each month’s particular Full and New Moons, have their own specific ways they affect us when it comes to dating, love and relationships.
When is the next New Moon and Full Moon in 2021?
The Full Snow Moon in Leo arrives on January 29, and the New Moon in Aquarius follows on February 11.
For those who follow the guidance of their zodiac signs, it’s helpful to keep a monthly Moon calendar on hand so you don’t have to constantly wonder when the next Full or New Moon will be.
After all, the powerful energies of New and Full Moons have an effect on most aspects of our world, including our love lives and closest relationships.
Gardeners know the Moon makes the flowers bloom, fishermen are well ‘schooled’ in its effect on their catches, and hospital delivery rooms have been known to gear up for a baby boom when the Moon is at its fullest!
It’s no secret that the Moon has a powerful influence on our outer world in so many ways. And as many sensitive souls will tell you, it also can deeply affect your inner world as well.
I happen to be a sensitive souled “Moon baby” born under the sign of Cancer, which in astrology is ruled by the Moon, but I promise, it’s not just us Cancers who feel Her gentle (and sometimes not so gentle!) pull.
Consider the powerful effect the Moon has on the tides. So is it any wonder that, given the fact that our bodies are made of mostly water, we humans are inexorably tied to the Moon’s rhythms and energy, as well?
This is why New and Full Moons can be wonderful opportunities to focus, reflect and create new meaning in our lives and relationships.
To understand the effects each New and Full Moon has on your love life, you must start by recognizing the differences between New Moon and Full Moon energy.
- New Moons occur when the Sun and Moon are at their closest point in the sky, and Earth is sandwiched between them. This placement of Earth blocks the sun’s rays from reaching the Moon, making the Moon seemingly disappear from the sky. A New Moon signals growth and new beginnings.
- Full Moons occur when the Sun and Moon are opposite each other in the sky, and the Moon is reflecting all of the sun’s light. During a Full Moon, you’re likely to give birth to plans made and projects started since the New Moon, nurturing them to fulfillment and realization. The Full Moon is our time of greatest vitality and creativity.
How does the lunar energy of New and Full Moons affect your love life and relationships?
Both the Full and New Moon can affect your love life, but they do so in very different ways.
The Full Moon’s influence on our love lives is powerful and astonishing. It amplifies your love and makes every interaction with your partner feel more romantic and magical.
The New Moon’s influence is more subtle. During this dark time of the lunar cycle, it’s natural for you to draw inward and focus on creating a new beginning. This is the time we plant the seeds for ideas, plans and actions that we want to grow over the coming weeks, as the Moon slowly becomes more full.
Using the Moon’s cycle to your advantage can help you nourish an existing love or get the timing right when pursuing a new love.
How can all zodiac signs use New and Full Moon energy to improve their love life throughout 2021?
Depending on your love life status or relationship goals, pick a “theme” to focus on during each lunar cycle in order to help you focus yourself on achieving one goal per New Moon.
You can use the examples below or come up with your own themes that resonate more personally with where you are on your relationship journey.
Complete New and Full Moon Calendar for February 2021 – January 2022
February 2021: Maintaining our individuality
- Sun in Aquarius starting 1/19
- New Moon in Aquarius on February 11
- Full Snow Moon in Leo/Aquarius on January 29
March 2021: Dreaming the future
- Sun in Pisces starting 2/18
- New Moon in Pisces on March 13
- Full Worm Moon in Virgo/Pisces on February 27
April 2021: Igniting Passion
- Sun in Aries starting 3/20
- New Moon in Aries on April 11
- Full Pink Moon in Libra/Aries on March 28
May 2021: Honoring our bodies
- Sun in Taurus starting 4/19
- New Moon in Taurus on May 11
- Full Flower Moon in Scorpio/Taurus on April 26
June 2021: Creative communication
- Sun in Gemini starting 5/20
- New Moon in Gemini on June 10
- Full Strawberry Moon in Sagittarius/Gemini on May 26
July 2021: Creating supportive environments
- Sun in Cancer starting 6/20
- New Moon in Cancer on July 9
- Full Buck Moon in Capricorn/Cancer on June 24
August 2021: Remembering to play
- Sun in Leo starting 7/22
- New Moon in Leo on August 8
- Full Sturgeon Moon in Aquarius/Leo on August 22
September 2021: Practicing extreme self-care
- Sun in Virgo starting 8/22
- New Moon in Virgo on September 6
- Full Harvest Moon in Pisces/Virgo on September 20
October 2021: The Dance of relationships
- Sun in Libra starting 9/22
- New Moon in Libra on October 6
- Full Hunter’s Moon in Aries/Libra on October 20
November 2021: Accessing our personal power
- Sun in Scorpio starting 10/22
- New Moon in Scorpio on November 4
- Full Beaver Moon in Taurus/Scorpio on November 19
December 2021: Rituals to launch the new year
- Sun in Sagittarius starting 11/21
- New Moon in Sagittarius on December 4
- Full Cold Moon in Gemini/Sagittarius on December 18
January 2021: Setting healthy boundaries
- Sun in Capricorn starting 12/21
- New moon in Capricorn on January12
- Full Wolf Moon in Cancer/Capricorn on December 29
Use the powerful influence of the Moon to re-balance your life and relationships, re-energize your mind, body, and spirit, and reconnect with the healing cycles of nature.
If you embrace the ebb and flow of the Moon’s light as a metaphor for your own life cycles — from letting go, to seeking stillness, to visioning, and eventually to full manifesting — you’ll be engaged in a lifelong workshop of personal growth and self-discovery.
Hi, I’m Deborah Roth, a Career/Life Transition Coach, and also a Counseling Astrologer and Interfaith Minister. I love blending all of that expertise together to support spirited women and men in creating fabulous lives and relationships. You can learn more about my work HERE or email me at Deborah@SpiritedLiving.com to schedule an introductory coaching session.